What exhibitions not to miss during your stay in Paris in January? We’ll tell you in this article the best exhibitions of the moment, our favorites and those that are attracting a lot of them! Beware, some are coming to an end soon … leaving room for news!
Exhibitions that end in January:
- Espèces en voie d’illumination, Jardin des Plantes which we talked about in our previous article. Last entry on January 15th!
- Basquiat, Fondation Louis Vuitton : one of the most outstanding artists of the 1980s is celebrated with 120 of his finest works until 14 January.
- Picasso, périodes Bleu et Rose, Musée d’Orsay : a wink to the colors dominating his works, until January 6th.
- L’Asie rêvée d’YSL, Musée Yves Saint Laurent : must since October, the inspiring exhibition ends on January 27: run it, quickly!
- Comédies musicales, Philharmonie de Paris : Go behind the scenes of West Side Story, Mary Poppins, La La Land or Aristocats until January 27.
New exhibitions starting in January:
- Si le temps est un lieu, Pablo Valbuena, 104 : thanks to his sound and light installations, Pablo Valbuena reinvents the places and experiences in the historic building of the 104 from January 19th!
- Les Bouddhas de Nara, Musée Guimet : from the 23 of January, which signs the last stage of the cultural Japonism season.
- Le “Talisman” de Sérusier, Musée d’Orsay : From the 29 of JanuaryL
The must-see exhibitions in January:
- La Première “Banksy” ArtNight : Tuesday, January 8th only, from 8pm to 10pm, come and paint the most famous street-art motifs signed Bansky! Book your place, the place is to discover soon …
- Light Matter, Fondation EDF : until February 3, come and discover the immersive work composed of blue and red LED, which translate the emotional states that you will go through.
- Miro, Grand Palais : Until February 4, the Grand Palais offers a retrospective that focuses on the pivotal periods of the artist.
- Michael Jackson : On the Wall, Grand Palais : an exhibition about the singer’s career and influence in the world of music, until February 14
- Guilty Pleasures, Ellen Von Unwerth, La Hune : he Hune reopens its doors after the fire that ravaged it, with a sensual and free exposure of the German photographer Ellen Von Unwert, until February 14
- Illusions, Palais de la Découverte : Come trick your brain until August 25 with this exhibition Illusions!
So which one will have the most attention? To your comments, we want to know everything about your favorite exhibitions in Paris in January 2019!